Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Of Course We Can Handle It!!!!

So you would be surprised on how many people have asked me when they find out we are pregnant "Are you afraid your next child will have Cerebral Palsy?  It's genetic right?"  Oy....okay here we go.  Cerebral Palsy is something that happens to you like a car accident not something you are born with like Down Syndrome.  It is lack of oxygen to the brain at some point.  Breckens happened in utero.  No I am not worried this child will have CP.  Also Cerebral Palsy is a brain issue not a spine issue.  A lot of people have been asking me what his spine issue is and it has nothing to do with his spine.  It is a brain issue that causes a muscle issue.  Anyways just wanted to clear that up.  Not genetic and not worried.  Another question we have had is "Well aren't you really busy with Brecken to have another one?"  Seriously?  You want me to limit how many kids we decide to have because one of our children has CP?  I did not know we were supposed to consider him such a burden that we were to stop having more children.  Two things....one yes Brecken has a lot of therapy and he needs more of our attention....two.....Doug and I are one hell of a team and we are amazing parents (not to toot our own horns but having amazing kids proving we are awesome) so we are definitely strong enough not only as husband and wife but most definitely as a family to take on whatever God blesses us with.  Just because YOU may not be able to handle it does not mean WE cannot handle it.  We are strong and even stronger since we had Brecken...him being the strongest of all of us!!  I say a picture the other day of a woman with multiple children and she was pregnant and another woman asked her how she divided her love and attention among all her kids and she said she didn't...she multiplied it.  So keep in mind when you look at my family that I WANTED all of this.  I know how babies are made and I know how to prevent it.  Do not treat me like an idiot.  I have NEVER in my life gone to bed thinking "I wish we would have stopped" or "this is not what I wanted"....I have ALWAYS gone to bed thinking "the worst day with those little ones are better then the best day I ever had without them".  Yes they drive me nuts and TRUST ME I will be getting back at them when they hit teenage years and start dating ;)  but I love this life we have and I LOVE the idea of having a BIG family and I know a lot of you are with me and doing the same thing and for those of you who think it is too much and too much to handle...it is....for you.  Not us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment