Thursday, February 16, 2012

Boy or Girl?

We have had a lot of people obviously ask us this question.  Do we want another boy or another girl.  Well I must say I am hoping for another boy.  Not that I do not love my girls but having 3 of them may send me over the edge.  Plus I would love for Brecken to have a brother.  Another question I have heard is "Are you hoping for a normal boy?"  I would LOVE to say I am shocked by this question but I would be a fat liar if I said the thought of having a "normal" boy did not skip across my mind from time to time.  Let me say that every single stupid time this crosses my mind I look at my son and think "How do you get more amazing that him though?"  Like I have said in posts before I cannot imagine what it would be like if Brecken was not the way he is.  I do not want to say that Cerebral Palsy is who he is but the things he has had to conquer has made him the amazing little boy he is.  Every time he says a new word or does something he has not been able to do my eyes fill with tears because of how awesome it feels to be able to share every single step of his journey with him.  So yes I have thought of what it would be like to have a son that can walk normal.  Talk.....tell me that he loves me in a normal 3 year old voice.  However you have no idea how much more it means when your son hugs you and you hear "A uv oo" in a slow and slurred speech because you know how much harder he had to work to say that to you.  He makes my family so much more then it was.  My girls are more accepting of other kids without a thought because they have also had to be with Brecken through all this.  I know I talk about Brecken a lot and everything he has overcome so here it is on my girls.  Taylor has been the most amazing big sister.  She helps me when I need it and makes sure she is constantly helping in every way that she can.  She goes to most of Breckens therapies to help him through it.  I am not kidding but she is sometimes the only one who can get him to do certain things.  She is his biggest cheerleader.  She pushes him to do things that she knows he can do and she is always trying to learn more ways to help him and asks questions about him all the time because she wants to tell her friends how strong he is.  I have had people mention that they think she had to grow up too fast.  Let me tell you that girl did grow up fast but not because we made her but because she knew what she had to do to be the big sister.  I love that girl so much and she is an amazing kid in every way and I could not be more proud of the person she is.  Now Bailey is pushing Brecken in a whole new way.  She loves to tease him and do things to him like grab his toys and run which in turn gets him up and going so she is helping in her own little special way.  Those 2 are amazing together too.  They may fight the most out of all 3 but I will walk in and they will both be laying on the floor with their feet in the air looking at each other and cracking up like they have the funniest secret ever.  Bailey is also the one that signs the most with Brecken.  Taylor pushes him in speaking with his mouth but Bailey and Brecken have this very cool connection where they can carry a conversation in sign.  I have had many people stop me in stores and tell me how cool that is and that they are amazed at how much they can talk to each other with their hands.  That Bailey bug has no idea how much light she brings to my life and I love her so very much  All 3 of my kids are so completely amazing and YES they drive me nuts but I would not have it any other way and I cannot wait to add another one to the mix:)

So back to the question of do we want a boy or a girl.  I cannot imagine my life without the 3 kids I have exactly how they are so this makes me know that no matter what the sex of the baby is or whether it is "normal or not, I will not be able to imagine life any different from what God is blessing us with.  Would I like another boy?  Yes.  Would I be happy with another girl?  Well if you have met the 2 amazing girls I already have been blessed with....how on earth would you even be able to ask me if I would be happy about having another girl!!  I cannot wait to find out and I am just so happy with our family already that all I can think is "It is just getting better:)"

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    I love to read your blog. You always have such positive things to say. You are an amazing person and I can't wait for you to find out the sex of your new addition!!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete