Thursday, September 3, 2009

B is for Bee

But as for me, I will look to the Lord... Micah 7:7

Hmmm....funny that this verse popped out at me today. It kind of ties in with yesterday. Love that:) Situation after situation I sit and think how on earth am I going to solve this problem. First mistake....thinking the first place to go is somewhere on earth...haha. The other day we got paid our first check with Doug being home and having 2 kids. Obviously it was a little different since you are paid a lot more when deployed and we never had to take care of both our kids on a non deployed check. Hmmm...how to pay all the bills and still have enough for other things like groceries and fun? My first thought was we just will not put any money back. We can go the next couple months without saving money since we saved a chunk when he was deployed. I felt pretty okay with that. Still wish we had a little more....maybe we will take the next couple of months and not tithe. As I thought this I felt the knot in my stomach tighten and avoided the feeling I got with the thought of not tithing. After a while I actually felt okay about this....we will pay it back...right? Man did that just make me feel like I was stealing from someone and justifying it by saying we would pay it back. So as I am putting clothes away later that night, again that voice in my head (people are going to start thinking I hear voices) again being the Holy Spirit saying "You do not trust me to take care of you? I have promised you over and over again that I would take care of you and how much I love you and your family and I have even proven time after time without flaw that I will take care of you." Aw man!! Why does He always sneak up on me like that!!

Why is it so hard to look to the Lord even though we have time after time had Him prove to us that that is the perfect answer? We have this resource that is perfect and we fail to use it as often as we should which is all the time! I am so very guilty of this. Each thing that I have placed in His hands has turned out way better then the things I have tried to do on my own. You would think I would learn...haha. Well that is the beauty of growing in Him is realizing how hard it was before we took His advice. He really does want to take us so much further then we could imagine and if we just keep our focus on Him it will work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment