Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blessings!!

So I have been in a funk lately and this will be a good exercise for me. I need to write down all the blessings I have and thank God for them. It is not that I have not been thankful, I have just been out of it in a weird way. I am praying it is not anything huge that is making me crazier then normal for another month. I need on more month to get my head together. Cool here we go.

1.I have a Father in Heaven who loves me so much that He sent His only son to die on the cross for my sins and short comings.
2. I have a husband who loves and adores me and whom I love very much and after 9 years I find him a lot sexier now:)
3. I have the most beautiful kids ever and even while driving home yesterday from Barbies with Taylor whining and Brecken screaming I still sat there thinking I love this and I would not even trade this moment for anything. I love being their mommy! They have no idea the impact they have made on my life and if they could only realize how much I love them. They cannot know though until they have children. They are truly miracles and I honestly wake up loving the fact that I get to take care of them for another day.
4. My mom. We have been talking a lot lately and I have loved every minute of it. I never knew how much she loved me or why she did the things she did until I had Taylor. I love my mom and she is one of the strongest woman I know for all the things she has had to go through and the things she is still going through. I do not think I understood a lot of it until our talk the other night but now I feel like I understand better. She did things a lot of other moms never had to and that I pray I never have to. I just hope she realizes how beautiful she is and that God only allowed all this to happen because He knew she was strong enough to handle it. She may wonder why He brought her and my dad together in the first place but I would not have the loving brothers that I do or these beautiful children if their marriage had never happened. I love you mom:)
5. My friends...oh my I love that I have some of the best friends ever. I have a wonderful mommies group who has helped me through deployments with my sanity and I just wish they could all know how much they mean to me. My best friend Annie is my life saver in Colorado and I know she thinks I avoid Colorado because everybody is crazy there (sorry but you all are) but she is wrong. I love going out there and I love her so much and that baby boy she is being a mommy too. She has no idea how much I look up to her! I love that bean she is carrying in her belly too. I wish I could be there to be their Aunt Jenny. I will love them Skype style:) I also love my military issued family. Jenna and Ryan and Jax have been my family away from family. Ryan is the brother I wish I never had...LOL!! Jax is so cute and I can't wait to see him grow up. Jenna is my BFF Forever and I am glad I have someone here to keep me sane in the middle of all these crazies. We may butt heads a lot Jenna but you know it is because we have similar personalities. I am not sure if that is a good thing. Our poor kids have to deal with us. Haha. Anyways I love you for letting me be me and not judging. I had too many friends that did that before.
6.I have a home, running water, I can clothe my children and myself, I can pay all my bills, I have food on the table, cars that run and money in the bank...sorta. I am taking care of in every way and have no excuse to complain about anything. I am spoiled and I am repenting for that on a daily basis for taking that all for granted.
7. I am healthy. My kids are healthy. My husband is healthy.

No complaints today. No worries. No pity party. I really want to use my time today to be humbled and understand the blessings I have in amounts that I do not deserve.

Lord, thank You for everything You have blessed us with. I have no reason to come to You with a complaint. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. I am loved by my family and most of all You. I have Your book to try and live by and I know how much value that is too me. I have complained and criticized what I have while You patiently sat back until I was done with my temper tantrum. I now ask for your forgiveness. I deserve nothing more then hell from You and yet You still try in every way to bring me closer to You. I can never understand the love You feel for me but I want to except it. Forgive me and just be with me today and everyday. Humble me to know I have all this because of You and no one else.
Amen

2 comments: