Monday, July 2, 2012

Daughters:)

So I am sure you have all heard that song by John Mayer called "Daughters".  I hear it on my Pandora a lot and I LOVE this song.  I just really feel he explains a girl becoming a woman so well.  Here is a verse that gets me

Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will live like you do
Girls become lovers
Who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

When I sit and think of the words and where I was in life as a daughter.  Then becoming a wife and lover.  Then having a life inside of me and becoming a mother.  Wow do we really go through changes or what.  My heart changed so much during each stage too!  The most amazing thing is knowing I get to be there to watch my daughters grow.  To see them play around and be kids now and then watch them fall in love and become that woman that stands beside her husband.  Then to get the news that they are carrying a life inside them and knowing their whole world is going to change for the better.  I pray my girls have a daughter.  Not for the same reason that most moms say "I hope you have a girl just like you" but for the fact that knowing how much I changed at each stage of life and being able to be apart of my daughters lives and knowing how unique a mother daughter relationship is.  I am so happy to have my girls and love that I will have this relationship to hold on to with each one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment