Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cloth Diapers!

Yes we have decided to cloth diaper our children.  Here is a shot of Baileys new diaper butt!  And our dog who gets a little nervous with her hugging him....lol.  Anyways we have been trying to figure out ways to save a little money around here and of course diapers should be the first to go!!  We spend about$100 a month on diapers and wipes with 2 kids in diapers at a time usually.  That is a lot of moola. I could find a ton of other things to spend $100 on.  Plus look at her little booty!  Super cute.  Anyways so far she is liking them a lot!  So am I although I have not had to change a nasty one yet.  So I spent $87 on 6 diapers just so I could test them out and I am planning on buying another batch soon.  So that is about $180 I am spending per kid on diapers if I get each 12 diapers and $700 per kid a year on disposables....no brainer.  So this is the first of many changes!!
 
I also started making a lot of our own stuff from scratch like bread and tortillas.  We actually eat more tortillas then bread.  We substitute them for bread on sandwiches and such. 
 Here is my first shot at bread and it turned out good!  I was surprised!!  I am really liking this whole 60s wife thing.  I feel very accomplished in making this and doing certain things and I like that I can teach the girls some of this stuff!!  Anyways there is a lot more to come.  I will be making our own laundry detergent and softener.  Plus other different cleaning supplies.  Yay for saving money!!

1 comment: