Thursday, September 13, 2012

Never Say Never

I read this on my friends blog and actually remember her saying some of her "I will nevers" and I am SO sure people remember me saying mine so I figure this was a good list because it is very true.  So here are some things I have said I would never do as a mom and now I realize I never ever say that I will never because I end up doing it.  I also will never be that mom who says "My child would never..." because as soon as I say that they are doing it....lol.  A lot of these are the same as my friends so here is my list.

1.  I will never let my house go more then a week without being cleaned....HAHA!
2.  I will never have the TV be a babysitter for my kids.  Yeah that one did not last at all...lol.
3.  I will never bribe them to be good since they should always just be good and listen (yeah ask my kids what they got for our last grocery trip).
4.  I will never yell at my kids or say things my mom used to say....HA!
5.  I will never say "because I said so"
6.  I will never give my kids junk food in the mornings (again ask my kids what they got for our last grocery trip...lol)
7.  I will never pretend like I did not see something they are not supposed to do just to get out of disciplining them....oy.


Here are a couple things I think I have held strong too which I know a lot of moms have since I am surrounded my awesome mamas.

1.  I will not allow my kids to not hear me tell them I love them often.
2.  I will not go very long without hugging them.
3.  I will not allow them to think I do not mess up...often...I am trying my best and there are days....there are days I just think "wow how on EARTH are they turning out so good with me as their mom".
4.  I will NEVER EVER forget to thank God for them and for allowing me to be their mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment