Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jayce Christian Levy

 Jayce Christian Levy was born Saturday September 1st 2012 at 04:07.  He is 5 pounds and 14 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long.  So I went into labor and delivery with pain in my c-section scar and they wanted to keep me overnight.  So they doped me up with Vicodin and Ambien and as soon as I started to get all loopy they decided they wanted to go ahead and pull little man out.  So I do not remember a lot of what happened.  Doug said I was pretty out of it and I kept falling asleep during the delivery.  I remember hearing him cry and then they took him to NICU.  As soon as I got out of recovery I heard the news when my little man was not in my room.
 Jayce has Transient Tachypnea of the Newborn (TTN).  He has fluid in his lungs.  This is actually a pretty common thing for kids who are born via c-section.  They just do not get that squeeze to get all the fluid out that a vaginal birth canal provides.  So as of right now they have him in an incubator with a mask strapped over his nose and a tube down his throat.  He is hooked up to monitors and has an IV.  At first I was really upset about this (who would not be seeing their kid hooked up to all of this stuff) but he is getting better and it is all working.  I have not been able to nurse and I still have not gotten to hold him.  I really want to hold my baby boy!  So for now he is still in NICU and I am in my room by my lonesome.  God is good and we have had some amazing people come to our side!  Gary and Charlene Lewis and their girls have pulled together to watch our kids while we are in the hospital.  We have had girls calling to get meals sent to us once we get home.  We have massive amounts of prayers coming our way!  I am confident Jayce is going to heal completely and quickly from this!  Doug has the next month off while we get through this and his work has been amazing on letting him do what he has to do.  Anyways I am a proud mama and excited he has joined us!!  So early too!  His due date was the 25th of September and the c-section was for the 18th but then they moved him up to the 6th and he still did not think that was soon enough so decided the 1st worked best for him.  I am just thankful he waited until September so I got my September baby!!
 Brecken and Taylor have seen him and Taylor was excited to be able to touch him.  Brecken did not want to touch him but he did not want to leave his side either.  I think he was afraid he may hurt him.  I just cannot wait to get my son home and have all the kids together:)  Soon.....soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment