Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Little Superman:)

Today was Breckens last day with his Physical Therapist out her in NC. She is AMAZING with him and really works him hard. So today she had him on the stairs. My son cannot walk up stairs very well in or out of his AFOs. So today I was watching him and he was struggling so hard to walk up the stairs. I felt my heart hurt a little in watching him having such a hard time with them. Ms. Susan just kept him going though. I found myself looking at him and just thinking "Why does he have to go through this? Why must he have to work so hard for something so many kids (my own included) take for granted? Why my son?" I was almost in tears and afraid I may have to leave the room because of how bad it hurt to see him struggle....until he got to the top of those stairs and he looked at me with the BIGGEST smile on his face and his eyes said it all. "Did you see it mom? Did you see me walk up them? I DID IT!!!" Wow did he humble me. I was thinking his mountain was so big and feeling sorry for him and thinking of all the things he could not do (yet) and he was so excited that he did it! He was proving to me all the things he CAN do! My son is my hero!! Maybe God did not place him with us for us to help him but for Brecken to help me. He is my superman:) He is AMAZING:)

No comments:

Post a Comment