Sunday, October 17, 2010

Coupon Virgin

So I had my first coupon fun today!! I was super excited. I am going to copy my friend Jennas outline:)

Walgreens

  • (4) 16 oz. Nivea Mens Bodywash originally at $6ish (can't remember how much over that) would equal $24. Today they were 2/5 and I had a $3 off coupon so we got them for$7.
  • (2)16 oz. Coffee Mate originally $2.69. Today they were B1G1 and I had a $1.50 coupon so I got them both for $1.19. However I had another coupon fr $1.50 off and it would not take it for some reason so I was expecting to actually be up .31. I did not want to argue with the kid so kinda bummed about that.
  • This one is my favorite (3) 10 oz. cans of Cream of Chicken Soup which are originally $1.59 each. Today they were 2/$3. I had a manufacturers coupon for $1.50 and a store coupon for 3/$2.73 which brings it down to .41 a can:)
So with not knowing the price for the wash my total before coupons came out to $30.28 and I only paid $9.96. That is a $20.38 savings!! For my first time and not really knowing what I was doing I thought this was good!!

Now at the Commissary I did okay but just with regular coupons. Before coupons it was $14.93 and after it came out to $9.23. Only $5.70 but that will pay for childcare Tuesday night. Yay!! I am loving this couponing thing!!
And yes I got more Coffee Mate. It was $1.50 each and I had a $1.50 and .75 coupon so I only paid .75 for both which is awesome because I go through that faster then my coffee it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment