Thursday, June 10, 2010

To VBA2C or not to VBA2C?

Yes I am 31 weeks today and I have decided to push for a VBA2C. I meet with the doctors next month to discuss this. It may not happen but I am trying. I went in for my appointment yesterday and I am measuring at 34 weeks which is normal for me. I also lost 2 more pounds which is also normal for me. I am also Anemic....again. Yay!! Not a shocker for me. I had this on and off since I was little because when I was little I was diagnosed with Hereditary Elliptocytosis (Ovalocytosis) which is where you red blood cells are oval instead of round and they are not as flexible so they die off faster which in turn makes you anemic. Bet that was a fun fact you did not know about me:) It has never been serious in my case. I just go get my iron checked every 3 months when anemic and every 6 when I am doing good and take an iron pill. Other than that the baby looked good and all my other blood work came back normal. Very exciting stuff knowing we will soon have another baby girl!! Well that is it and I will keep us all updated on the VBA2C situation!


No comments:

Post a Comment